Score: Worcester State 2, Dean College 1
Records: Worcester State (4-4-1), Dean College (1-7)
Location: Coughlin Field, Worcester Mass.
Date: Wednesday, September 26, 2018
Time: 7:00 PM
A quick strike from senior Danny Isaksen (Cambridge, England) gave the Dean College Bulldogs the lead in the opening minutes, but Worcester state proved resilient, responding with two goals in the first half and holding on for a 2-1 victory in non-conference action at Coughlin Field on Wednesday night.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Isaksen's goal, his first of the year, came unassisted in the second minute of play and gave the Bulldogs an early 1-0 lead.
- The Lancers responded just over ten minutes later when Mitch Myrthil scored off an assist from Bryan Brasil to level the score at 1-1.
- Brasil added his own marker later in the first half, scoring unassisted in the 38th minute to give Worcester State the decisive 2-1 lead.
- Dean pressured in the second half but could not break through the hosts' defense, and a scoreless second half yielded the 2-1 final tally.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Worcester State held a 23-7 edge in shots and a 9-2 advantage in corner kicks.
- Bryce Antoch (Cranston, R.I.) made the start in goal for Dean, stopping seven shots and allowing two goals.
- Felipe Campos (Barnstable, Mass.) led Dean with three shots (one on goal) while Tyler Medeiros (New Bedford, Mass.) added two shots (one on goal).
- The Bulldogs travel to Mitchell College for a New England Collegiate Conference (NECC) contest starting at 11 a.m.
- Worcer State hosts Westfield State on Saturday at noon.