Report by Josh McInnis, DeanBulldogs.com Correspondent
Score: Dean College 3, Northern Vermont University-Lyndon 1
Records: Dean College (1-3), Northern Vermont University- Lyndon (0-5)
Location: Lippert Field, Franklin, Mass.
Date: Wednesday, September 12, 2018
Time: 4:00 PM
The Dean College Bulldogs slashed through the September rain, scoring three first half goals en route a 3-1 victory over Northern Vermont University-Lyndon on Wednesday. The Bulldogs win was their first of the season.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- A slicing through ball from sophomore forward Felipe Campos (Barnstable, Mass.) set up freshman Paulo Corriea (Brockton, Mass.), who beat Hornet keeper Caleb Derbyshire (Barton, Vt.) low for a 1-0 Bulldog lead.
- Freshman Davonn Smith (Lawrence, Mass.) gave the Bulldogs a 2-0 lead at 26:28, heading home a cross from fellow rookie David Rodriguez (Dardanelle, Ark.).
- Just over a minute after Smith's strike, freshman Caleb Kauffman (East Providence, R.I.) knocked in the Bulldogs third goal of the game, assisted by sophomore Tyler Medeiros (New Bedford, Mass.)
- Lyndon was able to cut into the 3-0 deficit with a goal from Nolan Matthews at 36:58, but would get no closer as Dean held on in the second half to earn the win.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- The Bulldogs held a 20-10 advantage in shots taken and a 10-5 edge in corner kicks.
- Dean Goalkeeper Devin Moore (Walpole, Mass.) helped guide the Bulldogs to victory, making five total saves and holding the Hornets scoreless in the second half.
- Dean College will begin New England Collegiate Conference (NECC) play this weekend, traveling to Henniker, N.H. to face New England College at 2:30 PM.