Score: Pine Manor 4, Dean College 2
Records: Pine Manor (2-0), Dean College (0-2)
Location: Hedley Field, Chestnut Hill, Mass.
Date: Sunday, September 2, 2018
Time: 2:00 PM
After roaring out to a 2-0 lead in the game's opening minutes and holding strong for the entire first half, the Dean College Bulldogs were upended by a four goal second half surge from the Pine Manor Gators and fell 4-2 at Hedley Field in Chestnut HIll, Mass. on Sunday.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Freshman Paulo Corriea (Brockton, Mass.) continued his strong start to his career, scoring unassisted in the second minute to give the Bulldogs the early lead.
- Sophomore sensation Felipe Campos (Barnstable, Mass.) followed eight minutes later, scoring his first goal of the season, also unassisted.
- Dean held the lead for the rest of the first half. Pine Manor finally broke through in the 52nd minute when Jose Corrales (El Paso, Texas) buried an unassisted goal past Bulldog keeper Devin Moore (Walpole, Mass.).
- Pine Manor scored two more goals in the next 25 minutes of action to take the lead and tacked on a fourth and final goal in the 85th minute to put the game out of reach.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Campos led the Bulldogs with four shots while Corriea added two. Danny Isaksen (Cambridge, England) and Bryce Antoch (Cranston, R.I) also added shots on goal.
- Moore made ten saves on 14 shots on goal, playing all 90 minutes in the goal after playing in the field during Friday's match and scoring a goal of his own.
- The Bulldogs were outshot 29-10, inculuding 20-1 in the second half. Pine Manor also held a 12-5 advantage in corner kicks.
- Dean travels to Massachusetts Maritime for a 7:00 p.m. match on Wednesday evening. Pine Manor hosts Anna Maria at 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday.