Score: Lesley 83, Dean College 76
Records: Lesley University (9-6, 4-1 NECC), Dean College (7-7, 2-3 NECC)
Location: Pieri Gymnasium, Franklin, Mass.
Date: Thursday, January 18, 2018
Time: 8:00 PM
The Dean College Bulldogs were upended in the final minutes by Lesley University, falling 83-76 on Thursday in NECC action at Pieri Gym in Franklin, Mass.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Two Randolf Thurman (Swampscott, Mass.) free throws gave Dean a 68-60 lead with six and a half minutes remaining in the game, but the Bulldogs were outscored 23-8 down the stretch and fell on their home court to their NECC foe.
- The contest was neck and neck throughout, with eight ties and nine lead changes.
- Dean led 34-33 at halftime after Armani Baker (Pawtucket, R.I.) finished a layup as the first half clock expired.
- Lesley jumped on the Bulldogs after the break, and when Joey Martin (Melbourne, Fla.) nailed a triple three mintues into the second half, the Lynx took a six point lead.
- Dean scored six straight to erase the deficit and tie the score at 51 with 13 minutes remaining. Another six point spurt by the Bulldogs gave Dean the aforementionoed 68-60 lead that they were unable to hold on to.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Dean was led by Dayvon Russell (Naugatuck, Conn.), who finished with 22 points and eight rebounds. Thurman and Jordan Booker (Waterbury, Conn.) added 11 points each. Baker scored 13 points and grabbed five boards and Josh Croskey (Union, N.J.) scored 11 points and collected six boards off the bench.
- Martin finished with 33 points and 12 rebounds for the visitors. Jordan Bellitti (Cambridge, Mass) added 17 points.
- The Bulldogs travel to Becker on Saturday for an NECC matchup at 3:00 PM.
- Lesley hosts Mitchell on Saturday in NECC action at 6:00.