Score: Rivier University 9, Dean College 0
Records: Rivier University (1-0), Dean College (0-1)
Location: Grant Field, Franklin, Mass.
Date: Friday, August 31, 2018
Time: 12:00 PM
In the first field hockey game for Dean College in twenty seasons, the Bulldogs fell to Rivier University 9-0 on Grant Field on Friday afternoon in Franklin, Mass. The contest was the season opener for both squads and the inaugural match for new head coach Lisa Cropper.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Rivier gained momentum early when Linsey Roth (Tyngsboro, Mass.) scored her first of three goals on an assist from Lia Yohanan (Andover, N.J.) at the two minute mark.
- The Bulldogs stymied the Raider attack for the next 11 minutes before Nicole Mansfield (Acton, Mass.) found the back of the net off a feed from Jaclyn Fraser (Wilmington, Mass.) in the 14th minute.
- Roth scored again two minutes later on an assist from Maegan Sheehy (Sabbatus, Maine), and Sheehy added her own marker a minute later to extend the lead to 4-0.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Amari Dias (Brockton, Mass.) stood tall in the net for the Bulldogs, turning away 14 shots, including ten in the second half.
- In addition to Roth's three goals, Sheehy finished with one goal and two assists and Fraser added two helpers to guide the Rivier attack.
- Dean is off until next Friday when they host Sage College at 7:00 PM at Beaver Street Field in Franklin, Mass.
- Rivier returns to action on Thursday when they host Thomas College in their home opener.