What You Missed:
- Men's Basketball: The Bulldogs continued their impressive play with two NECC wins last week, defeating Elms College 79-37 on Thursday and avenging an earlier loss to Lesley 76-62 on Saturday. The Bulldogs are now 14-9 (8-4 NECC) with two games remaining in the regular season.
Dean jumped out to a 23-2 lead midway through the first half and the Bulldogs were never really pushed as they defeated Elms on Thursday. Randolf Thurman (Swampscott, Mass.) finished with 20 points on an extremely efficient 7-for-10 shooting from the field to lead all scorers.
- Dean shot 50 percent from the field, including 50 percent from behind the arc as the visiting Bulldogs won for the third time in as many games, posting a 76-62 win over Lesley University in NECC action on Saturday evening. Jordan Booker (Waterbury, Conn.) led a contingent of four in double figures for Dean with a game-high 24 points. In addition to Booker's huge night, Dayvon Russell (Naugatuck, Conn.) finished with 15, Thurman had 12 and Armani Baker (Pawtucket, R.I.) chipped in with ten of his own.
- Women's Basketball: Dean was equally as impressive on the women's side, completing a 2-0 week with two wins against NECC foes Becker and Elms. The Bulldogs are now 14-8 (11-2 NECC) with three games remaining in the regular season.
- Morgan Turner (Winter Park, Fla.) scored 21 points and collected 12 rebounds as the Dean College Bulldogs defeated Becker College 57-48 on Thursday. The only other Bulldog in double figures was Shantell McCall (Elmont, N.Y.). McCall scored 10 points off the bench in 18 minutes. Sophia Corbitt (Framingham, Mass.) and Sophia Church (Rochester, Mass.) scored eight and seven points respectively.
Dean used a monster fourth quarter to pull away from host Elms College and post a convincing 67-43 win over the Blazers on Sunday afternoon. The win for the Bulldogs was not only their third straight, but it also inches them closer to a regular season conference crown as they now sit just a half of a game behind first-place Newbury College. Shannon Rosensteel (Sunrise, Fla.) was a huge part of the Bulldog offense in the seond period as she scored ten of the team's 17 points while singlehandedly outscoring Elms in the process. Rosensteel finished with a game-best 24 points, while Iindia Pina (Carver, Mass.) totaled 16 points and six steals. Three other Bulldogs, including Turner (eight rebounds, five assists), Sophia Corbitt (seven rebounds, three assists) and Emma Morrison (five rebounds, three steals, two blocks) all ended with seven points.
- Men's Volleyball: Men's Volleyball won both contests in Sunday's tri match, defeating both Pratt Institute and Sarah Lawrence 3-0.
- The Bulldogs jumped on Pratt early and rolled to a 3-0 victory. The Cardinal and White controlled the first set 25-17. Pratt narrowed the gap in the second set but Dean still prevailed 25-21, and the Bulldogs carried the momentum into the final set, winning 25-15. Diondre Charros (Fairhaven, Mass.) led the way for Dean with 15 kills on 22 attempts. Joel Carmona (Lawrence, Mass.) added 10 kills on 19 attempts and three digs. Juan Fernando Ruelas-Garcia (Milford, Mass.) set the offense with a career-high 25 assists.
- Dean dominated set one and two against the hosts, cruising to a 25-12 opener and a 25-10 second set. Sarah Lawrence kept things close in the final set but Dean held on for the 25-21 win securing the match. Charros led the way again with nine kills, this time adding 16 assists. Carmona finished with eight kills and seven digs. Logan Muise (Irvington, N.Y.) contributed five kills.
Upcoming This Week:
Tuesday, February 13th
Women's Basketball vs. Mitchell 7.00 p.m. (Senior Night)
Wednesday, February 14th
Men's Volleyball at Regis 6:00 p.m.
Men's Basketball vs. Becker 7:00 p.m.
Thursday, February 15th
Women's Basketball vs. Lesley 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, February 17th
Women's Basketball at Wheelock 12:00 p.m.
Men's Basketball at Wheelock 2:00 p.m.